Project Assistant (1 post) Yangon
NYEIN CHAN METTA (Religions for Peace-Myanmar) (RfP-M) is Myanmar's first full-fledged representative and action-oriented interreligious body for reconciliation, peace, and development that brings together all of the major religious institutions of Myanmar at the national level and capitalizes on each organization's ability to mobilize its existing infrastructure of thousands of local congregations. It offers a platform for religious leaders on joint advocacy, coordinated program response, and training, mobilization of local communities around issues of public concern and for channeling resources through local congregations and other faith groups. RfP-M is an affiliate of Religions for Peace (RfP). RfP is the World's largest and most representative multi-religious coalition advancing common action among the religious communities for peace, with headquarters in New York and regional and national affiliates in over 90 countries
The Project Assistant will be responsible to assist implementation of RfP-M proposed project activities in Advisory Forums, Coordination with Standing Commissions and concrete actions in the fields.
Job Description of Project Assistant
- Assist implementation of Advisory Forums and Follow-up activities in respective areas.
- Discuss with Program Manager and Core Members for a necessary clarification of the project implementation.
- Ensure coordination and cooperation with senior staff for the project implementation accordance with the work plan and budgets.
- Assist designing and implementing the strategy of the projects.
- Assist day-to-day oversight over project coordination and implementation.
- Coordinate with Area Coordinators, Field Monitors and provide technical and programmatically guidance.
- Assist in regular monitoring of the project implementation.
- Assist the Program Manager in assessing the community context and community’s security needs/issues, and undertaking local conflict analyses.
- Assist in preparation on regular action plans and reports on the project activities, lessons learned and actions to be taken
- Engage and participate in drafting project budget, work plan, M&E plan, and implementation plan and proposal writing.
- Liaise with Women of Faith Network (WoFN), Interfaith Youth Network (IYN) and local external partners at the national and field level.
- Act additional duties as assigned by the senior leaders.
- Other duties as necessary.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years working experiences with INGOs, NGOs, CSOs.
- Experience in working with a diverse community.
- knowledge of developing a strategy with own creative on the project implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships with people of all religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Proficiency in computer applications – Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Relevant degree in Community Development and Administration preferred.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and any expected salary in English to firstname.lastname@example.org . cc: email@example.com
The Contact detailed of two referees.
Please put email subject “Apply for Project Assistant” to expedite processing.
No phone calls, please. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.